Things I’ve said 101 times today:
Pick up your stuff
Chew with your mouth closed
I love you
Things I’ve heard 101 times today:
She started it!
The dog ate it.
Things I have 101 of in my house at this very moment:
Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies
Pieces of unfolded laundry
Toys not put away in the yard
What I would do with 101 extra minutes:
Take a shower
What I would like do with 101 extra dollars:
Get a massage
Pay someone to watch the kids so I could sleep.
What I would actually do with 101 extra dollars:
Buy soccer cleats
Bribe the children to fold laundry
101 Things I’m Thankful For:
- My husband.
- My children’s teachers
- Snow Days
- Nurses (especially at the Children’s Castle)
- Girl Scout Cookies
- People who bought 210 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies from my girls. (Or 200, I guess - I was thankful for a few boxes all by myself)
12. Rear Entertainment Systems
21. Remote starter for car
22. Heated seats
24. substitute teachers
26. My sister
27. The fact that my sister is using technology to teach Levi to read from 2000 miles away.
28. Saturday morning TV
30. Shelves for shoes
31. Soft toilet paper
33. My mom makes the Halloween costumes
34. Bill’s ability to fix it, whatever “it” is
35. Long lay-overs
36. Frequent flier miles
37. Paperbacks with pink covers
38. Trees on my street
39. Kids who are old enough to take care of themselves
40. Students who get their work done on time
41. Students who care
42. Warm slippers
43. The beach
44. Flotation devices
45. Key Lime Pie
47. Online Shopping
48. Malls with more than one floor
49. Bill paying the bills for the shopping
50. Missing the endless freight train on the way to work
51. Dora the Explorer
52. Hotel reward points
54. Google docs
55. Mechanical pencils
56. The circus – my kids love it!
57. The fact that the circus only comes once a year – it’s expensive!
58. The County Fair
59. See number 57
60. Tiny little ballerina tutus
61. Any smile rewarded to me by my pre-teen son.
62. Unsolicited hugging
63. Figure skating lessons that are only 30 minutes long
64. Auto-start on my car when it is sub-zero
65. That wonderful woman who comes in every Thursday morning and leaves my house shiny and smelling like lemons.
66. The fact that my husband may or may not think that I am that woman
67. The piano teacher who comes to my house so I don’t have to sit at a studio for 3 hours every Monday.
68. The never-ending patience of said piano teacher, who does back to back lessons with Levi (can’t sit still) and Gabby (never stops talking), followed by Emily, Hannah and Brianna (won’t practice)
70. The poetry unit at school - the great equalizer of writing talent!
71. Mobile Hot Spots
72. That my parents’ idea of a good way to celebrate their birthdays this year is to take us all to Hawaii
73. Birthday Party Themes
74. The fact that my kids still think birthday party themes are not lame
75. Movies On Demand so I don’t have to go to the theater in my jammies
78. 15 month planners – because sometimes there is just THAT much to plan.
80. Being the Cupcake Mom
82. Online scrapbooking stores
83. My Nook
84. The fact that my husband doesn’t judge me for reading mostly People and Cosmo on my Nook.
85. Blue jean day at school
86. That my husband caught the Sports Illustrated Swim Suit Issue that came addressed to my son as part of his subscription last week before Sam saw it.
87. That Gabby still lets me dress her in whatever I want and make little buns in her hair.
88. That my big girls, if left to their own devices, would sit up giggling and whispering all night long.
89. Holidays with all six kids
90. Holidays with no kids
91. Eating the kids’ sugar cereal at midnight
92. Project Runway
93. That my husband says he hates Project Runway, and yet knows the names of the designers when he complains about it
94. That Bill doesn’t get mad when I break things and/or forget things
96. Having an hour of free time so I can get a mani/pedi
97. Shellac nail polish so I can have a manicure that lasts more than 4 hours
98. That first day of spring when I can finally wear flip flops again …even if it doesn’t happen here until June
99. Overall Snowpants
100. Kids who haven’t outgrown overall snowpants
101. That no matter how long you have been gone, or where you’ve been, children (and puppies) are always happy to see you
102. That everyone will understand why some things are on this list twice: EIther I'm really, really REALLY thankful for them...or the kids interuppted my train of thought again.
Copyright © Jody Hoffman 2012